Things To Do in Estes Park
Click on the tabs below to view various Estes Park activities.
Summer activities in Estes Park
- Estes Park Summer Itinerary -
- Check out our sample summer itinerary and start planning your time in Estes Park during the warmer months of the year.
- Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park -
- There are over 355 miles of Estes Park hiking trails to take in the beauty of the Park. There is everything for the beginner and up to the most advanced hiker. The scenery is something that you will remember forever but bring your camera to share with those back home!
- Horseback riding for the cowboy in you -
- If you want that simple pony ride for the youngest member of your group, cowpoke corral can accommodate that snapshot, there are also breakfast rides, dinner rides, even an all day ride for the true cowboy!
- Bicycling -
- Rent a bike from Colorado Bicycling Adventures. They'd be happy to direct you to some great trails!
- Colorado White Water Rafting -
- Whether you want to relax on a float trip and take in the scenery or you want that wet and wild adventure, there are several experienced guides to make your day memorable!
- Fishing -
- Boy, do we have fishing! Scot's sporting goods can fill you in on all the hot spots to catch that wild trout Perhaps you want a guide to learn the art of Fly Fishing, we've got you covered. Even the little ones can go to the trout pond and they will guaranty a catch for that photo!
- Mountain Climbing -
- Indoor Climbing Gym at The Estes Park Mountain Shop
Outdoor Climbing - Guides can be arranged for the true adventurer
- ATVs + Jeep + 4 Wheeler Tours -
- See the beauty of the Colorado mountains on an ATV, 4-wheeler or even on guided Estes Park jeep tours. There are a number of companies in Estes Park that offer adventures rentals. Most adventure off-road equipment rentals are offered year-round.
- Golfing -
- There are two golf courses in Estes Park, the 18-hole has fabulous scenery to take in Green fees are $36, Carts run $12/rider. The 9-hole course is along the Big Thompson River and Lake Estes, Green Fees are $16, Pull carts, $3/cart.
- Tennis Anyone -
- There are six Tennis Courts in Estes Park. Two Courts have lights until 11 p.m. Reservations are not required but it's probably a good idea. Call Estes Valley Recreation and Park District.
- Bowling -
- Estes Park Recreation Center 970-586-8625
Good family fun!
- Museums -
- Rocky Mountain National Park Museum
Enos Mills Cabin Museum
Estes Park area Historical Museum
McGraw Ranch Museum
- Estes Park Art Classes -
- Learn more about the art in Estes Park. Take some time out of your vacation and make a piece or two to take home with you. Learn more about galleries, classes and workshops in Estes Park.
- Historical Attractions -
- Estes Park is more than just an outdoor recreational hub. Learn about the history of this mountain town and attractions you can visit while staying with us.
- Music -
- A variety of Concerts in Barlow Plaza
Sing around the Campfire in Bond Park
- Shopping -
- More than 200 unique shops, everything from that much needed Estes Park t-shirt to fine art and stunning sculptures.
- Restaurants -
- Estes Park has a variety of great restaurants and cafe's.
Everything from Fine Dining to Fast Food, we'll be happy to give you our recommendations.
- Wineries & Breweries -
- Though you might think our Wild West history would direct us to be leaders in distilleries, there are actually wineries and breweries in Estes Park that are definitely worth a visit during your trip.
- Guide to Moraine & Elkhorn Avenue in Estes Park -
- Elkhorn & Moraine Avenue are home to over 200 retailers. Check out our infographic to see the best places to pick up a sweet, souvenir, a piece of art or a bite to eat.
- History -
- Known today as a popular getaway with some outdoor activities on the side, the Estes Park region was first only accessible to rugged explorers and mountain men.
- Rafting -
- If you're up for an adventure while staying at Valhalla Resort, learn more about white water rafting near Estes Park & start planning your trip down the river.
- Boating -
- There’s nothing more refreshing and calming then Lake Estes boating during your stay at Valhalla Resort. Learn more about renting a boat for the day here.
- Wildlife Watching -
- Animal life plays an important part in making our town and the Rocky Mountain National Park a special place to visit: seeing moose, bighorn sheep or birds of prey in their natural surroundings can be a thrilling experience.
Winter activities in Estes Park
- Estes Park Winter Itinerary -
- Look at our sample winter itinerary and make the most of your time in Estes Park during the cooler months.
- Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing -
- What a great way to see Rocky Mountain National Park. It's like a whole different experience than summer hiking. We have snowshoe packages available!
- Sledding -
- Bring a sled, rent a sled and get sliding! Hidden Valley has a great cleared area to bring some excitement to your Winter.
- Ice Skating -
- Wonderful ice skating on an outdoor pond at the YMCA or Aspen Lodge, maybe a little hot cocoa to finish off the perfect afternoon.
Join us for your next Estes Park hiking adventure and find out more about our Estes Park cabins. We look forward to seeing you soon!